Saint Gerasimo’s Cave in Lassi


The Cave is located in the area of Argostoli called Lassi. Saint Gerasimos led an ascetic life when he came from Zakynthos to Kefalonia in 1555 and stayed here for 5 years. In 1560, he went to Omala, where his monastery is today.

In the northern side of the Cave, there is a natural hole of approximately 30x30cm, which provides natural lighting and a view to the sea.

Today, the Cave has been embodied into a small chapel, which constitutes one of the buildings of a small male hermitage, branch of the Holy Monastery of St.Gerasimo’s Omalon.